GARDENING -

The constant challenges of an everyday vegetable gardener and dealing with all the aspects of planting as an amateur.

It is an awareness that helps to achieve Garden perfection.





Thursday, July 14, 2011

Netting, not sure it works


I mentioned previously that "netting", sold at most big box gardening centers, was the best protection I could find to keep wildlife from eating our Asian pears. Well, I can no longer say that. After being away a few days, those little critters (squirrels) found their way into the netting  and ate every last pear! I'm not sure what the answer is. Every one I speak with has a different method and NONE of them seem to work. The latest mention is a squirrel trap but I hate to think of doing that. Maybe I am better off buying these pears (which we love) at the store until the tree and  fruit-bearing pears get so large that the squirrels will choke on them!

1 comment:

Deborah N said...

I'm jealous you have all that fruit.