GARDENING -

The constant challenges of an everyday vegetable gardener and dealing with all the aspects of planting as an amateur.

It is an awareness that helps to achieve Garden perfection.





Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bug bites again

Saturday, August 20, 2011


Not so Persistent Gardener - Bugs bite again!!

Another bug bite in the garden and it was once again - poor judgement on my part. WEAR SOCKS!!!!!!!!!
LOOK  AT THESE BLISTERS JUST SINCE YESTERDAY - IT IS DISGUSTING AND ITCHY AS CAN BE. I may be visiting the doctor again by Monday.
See my blog below "titled" Safety First  - that took 6-8 weeks to heal that thumb for not waring GLOVES.

ANYWAY, BE SMART, BE SAFE - IF YOU ARE GOING TO GARDEN - PROTECT YOURSELF.
I've used a dermatology solution and Peroxide so far, took some Benedryl and still no results. I see another Doctor visit coming soon!
UPDATE> Found out that these are ant bites - darn. I was in the garden trying to get rid of a large ant hill so this does explain it. Ant bites get itchy then swell like a pimple with a white head. I used Calamine lotion with bendedryl solution and that started to dry it up and stopped the itching.

No comments: