GARDENING -

The constant challenges of an everyday vegetable gardener and dealing with all the aspects of planting as an amateur.

It is an awareness that helps to achieve Garden perfection.





Monday, June 27, 2011

Know your Veggie plants, don't always trust the Nursery

I had envisioned these great, sweet tasting large peppers that were excellent "stuffed" - lesson learned, don't always trust what the Nursery staff thinks they know. These were suppose to be Pablano Peppers that would grow 4-6 inches long and a few inches wide and were supposedly excellent for stuffing (I didn't know the difference) but sounded good to me. Well, you see what I got, Jalapeno peppers - and they are hot!! Major disappointment.
Please, study your veggie plants and be somewhat knowledgeable before you run out there and start buying. I've learned that many of these nursery and big box plant store employees do not always know their product.

No comments: